Sunday, July 26, 2009

How to Care for Cat with Aids and Leukemia in a Multiple Cat Household

Here's an excellent article by Susan Golis from eHow on how to responsbily help your Feline Aids or Feline Leukemia stricken cat and protect the other cats in your household.


I rescued an abandoned Siamese cat three months ago. He was thin but very active. I kept him in my office away from my other cats. Sam needed to go to the veterinarian's office to have a physical and to get his shots. Sam had the Elisa blood test and the veterinarian told us he tested positive for feline FIV Aids and FeLV, or Feline Leukemia Virus.

The veterinarian recommended that we put Sam down. He had no symptoms of either disease, other than being skinny. I took Sam for a second opinion and contrary to the advice I was given I choose to keep Sam, however I needed to make some major household changes. Here are some tips on how to care for a cat with aids and leukemia in a multiple cat household.

Read the full article HERE!

No comments: